- 5,000 yearly deaths from choking
- One child dies every 5 days from choking
- A leading cause of death in children
- A leading cause of accident deaths in persons over the age of 65
- Of all choking deaths in 2000, 41% were caused by food and 59% by non-food items
Even though the abdominal thrust (Heimlich) technique is very effective and should be used first and foremost when someone is choking, we came across an interesting supplemental product that has been proven effective in choking emergencies, especially in children – The Lifevac!